Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The last ride of winter













There are no other paths of the old abandoned road. The last snowfall of the season, the last option for a good ride. My foot on the gas, centering the road, stretches, 70-80-90, and, after some hesitation, the speed clock's hand flyover. Parallel on the old road, cars  properly lined up, one behind the other rolling toward to their destinations. I've enjoyed the last snowfall, as the water flips the wheels  - as its about to zero degrees Celsius around, so the snow remains not for a long time. Rare opportunity for this, just to go out and driving for the pleasure. And of course to take some pictures.
This is good, stop. While my cooler sizzling, I took out from the box the subject of my photograps. Putting a piece of cardboard under my knees and under the camera, adjusting the lights, press the exposure button and flying into another world. To here:
















































I didn't liked the 1/18 scale cars. They were to big for my taste, they were just like some technological idols for me. And honestly, I don't like idols. This was in the past. Than I bought a SunStar TVR Tuscan. It was a dissapointment for me. It was cheap - and rubbish. After the Tuscan, I've found this SunStar Impreza - the 660th from the series of 5000 pcs. I didn't removed the car from their package -  just can't do it. Its like you meet with somebody, and you know - she is the right one!
So, I took the car to the place of the photo shots - and the Impreza has comes to life!
It's still imperfect - the backdoors are dangling, the gap between the chassis and the bonnet is big, the headlights are very plastic. But I dont care about them, these are only small dimples on a beautiful face.




















































The las ride of winter was maybe a pilgrimage. Moments of Zen, some kind of enlightenment for me. The 1/18 cars aren't idols, better altairs of passion for cars. I just need another shelf for these new altairs :)






2 comments: